The applicant have to prepare the bellow documents:
– Sample of trademark (Soft copy sent by email)
– Name and address of Applicant.
– List of goods/services which are bearing the trademark.
– The Power of Attorney.
– Priority claim and priority documents (if any)
It often takes 14 to 18 months from filing date. The application will be pass 04 stages:
– Stage 1: Formal examination.
– Stage 2: Publication and opposition.
– Stage 3: Substantive Examination.
– Stage 4: Granting.
The total cost for registering a trademark for one class in Vietnam (in a smooth case) is 135 USD (include official fees and professional fees).
No. They can not.
They must file the trademark application through their lawful representatives in Vietnam by POA (Power of Attorney).
No, it optional.
Conduction a trademark search before filing trademark application in Vietnam will help you determine whether your trademark is registrable and whether your trademark infringes on other filed trademark application.