The procedure of industrial design registration is performed at the National Office of Intellectual Property with the following steps: Prepare dossier, submit dossier, follow the status of dossier, reply the Office Action and pay the fee for granting certificate
1. What is industrial design
Industrial design means the outward appearance of a product embodied in three dimensional configuration, lines, colours or a combination of such elements.
For example: The shape of the bottle, candy package, the shape of shoes, sandals ….
2. Required documents for industrial design registration?
In order to register industrial design in Vietnam, the applicant need to prepare the following dossier:
2.1 The set of industrial design pictures
Note: The pictures must be clear and have equal size between images, showing all sides of the industrial design
+ Three dimensions of the industrial design
+ The left side of the industrial design
+ The right side of the industrial design
+ The front side of the industrial design
+ The back side of the industrial design
+ The top side of the industrial design
+ The bottom side of the industrial design
2.2 The description of the industrial design
The applicant need to prepare the description, which includes: name of the industrial design, field, classification, detail description of the industrial design; and the claim.
Please contact ANS Law (telephone 09 22 77 2222) to be instructed to prepare the description.
2.3 Information of the author and owner.
- Name and address of the owner of industrial design (the owner could be company or individual)
- Name and address of the author (the person who designs the industrial design) – Individual
2.4 The documents proving the registration right, the priority right (If any)
For example: The written authorization for registration, processing contract, design contract….
2.5 Power of attorney (based on sample)
3. Fee for industrial design registration ?
The below is the official fee for industrial design registration at the National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam:
– Filing fee: 150.000VND;
– Examination fee: 700.000VNĐ/01 object;
– Publication fee: 120.000VND;
– The information search fee for the examination process: 480.000VNĐ/01 object;
The fee may increase based on the number of pictures, the number of protection object, etc
The difference of ANS Law
- ANS Law is the agent authorized by the National Office of Intellectual Property
- The ANS Law may represent the customer to sign and submit the dossier at the National Office of Intellectual Property
- Customers do not have to come in person, do not have to sign the application, do not have to track the records.
- ANS Law has a system that automatically updates the status of online records and easily proactively notifies customers.
- ANS Law has represented more than 3000 domestic and foreign customers to proceed with the application.
Where to register industrial design?
- National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam (NOIP)
- Applying in the representative office of NOIP
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact 19006672 – Hotline/Zalo/Viber: 09 22 77 2222 for further instruction.