PATENT/ UTILITY SOLUTION REGISTRATION IN VIETNAM
Invention means a technical solution in the form of a product or a process which is intended to solve a problem by application of laws of nature. Patent shall be eligible for protection in the form of the grant of a Patent for Invention/ Utility Solution.
The Invention Patent is protected for 20 years and the Utility Solution Patent is protected for 10 years (cannot be extended).
General conditions for invention or utility solution protection
In order to be protected, this technical solution must be new, innovative and can be mass produced / applied (industrial application).
|Novelty||Inventive Step||Applicable industrial Step|
Time frame for Patents or utility solution registration
+ Formality examination: 1-2 months.
+ Publication of the application: 18 months.
+ Substantive examination: 19 months.
+ Granting Patents: 1-2 months.
Note: Applicants may request early publication, whereby the application publication time is shortened to 2 months.
Required documents for registration of invention or utility solutions
- A description of the technical solution (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Skype:trademarkattorneys for a sample description).
- Photos, pictures of technical solutions (if any).
- Owner / application owner information.
- Documents proving the right to apply (if any).
- Documents claiming for priority right (if any).
Differences of ANS Law
- ANS Law has submitted over 140+ inventions and utility solutions on behalf of customers in Vietnam.
- In addition to a team of law-savvy lawyers, ANS Law has a team of experts, technically savvy professionals, graduates of Polytechnic Universities, University of Transport, and Technical Academy.
- Package costs and one-time collection, always notice to the Customer first.
- Free Customer Support to change the form of registration from invention to utility solution.
- Free Customer Support for writing and completing patent description.
- Patent of invention / utility solution
- The invention patent is valid for 20 years (annual maintenance fee paid) – cannot be renewed.
- The utility solution patent is valid for 10 years (annual maintenance fee payment) – cannot be renewed.
#Cost registration fee, utility solution
The government cost of patent registration is only from 200$.
The fees are depending on the complication of the solution, the number of independent protection claims, the number of images …
Please contact ANS Law for an accurate price list.